Sunday, February 1, 2015

Why I'm thinking about #30 instead of #SB50...The Big Game



My #30
Writing begins where you are, not where you’re trending on Twitter….tried to start today’s blog about something relevant to the #SB50.

Today’s Big Game for me started in a small gymnasium on the west side of town.  Let me tell you about #30, who was in the tournament championship at our little neighborhood school.

He’s tall and wiry, that #30.  Tough and determined, never giving up.  Started shooting hoops with #LittleTikes and moved his way up to a driveway portable #Liftetime hoop. He’s plays P-I-G and H-O-R-S-E, and is the #MichaelJordan of our driveway turned make-shift half court.

His shooting record is flawless at home…on the court, when the stakes are higher, his accuracy suffers from the anxiety of being a shy kid in front of a crowd.  But every once in a while, he lets a 3 pointer fly and sinks it in the net.   

#30 is my MVP and all-star player on the team, though he only gets about a couple of quarters of play time… even less when the scoreboard is too close.

He was nervous last night, worried they wouldn’t win.  #30 likes perfection. He makes mistakes on the court, the coach yells…but #30 keeps his cool.  He’s learned how to carry himself in any situation, and to hold his head up high regardless of the scoreboard or his own personal stats. 

I think that’s what I like most about #30.  He saves the really good stuff on the inside.  And if you're not careful, you might miss it.  But listen close, because he has something to say.  In life, he will make his mark.  And when he settles into his #Nike hightops, which are filled more by boy than man at this time, he’ll make those three point shots all day long.

#30 is #1 for me.  #proudmom and fan of his #biggame.  It was a close game, they took second place, he scored 2 points.  NFL #SB50?  No, this was not my Big Game today.


M



Family pic on red carpet

#30 Cheering Section (that's me in the middle!)


No comments:

Post a Comment