Sunday, March 29, 2015

Guest Author - 10 and Under "The House Across the Street" #kidswriting

Who doesn't love it when their child embraces something they are passionate about...so I'm sharing a special blog, a very short story written by my ten-year-old son...
Future Famous Author


On Halloween night, I am thinking about the haunted house across the street.  I want to debunk a rumor that, whoever enters on Halloween night, never comes out. 

At midnight, it’s time to enter.  I walk across the street, but I realized there was a black cat on the front lawn of the house.  I grab a rock to keep the door open just in case I get locked in.  I brought a camera to record my experience.  Also, I wore black clothes just in case someone is in there, they won’t be able to see me.  I was ready!  When I took a step in the house, I felt something grab my leg.  I jumped back outside in total fear and passed out

When I woke up, it was 12:01 a.m. and I found I just passed out for a minute.  Then I ran to get back inside, but this time I forgot to keep the rock on the door.  I looked back and the door was locked!  I am going to have to stay alive now.  I flicked the switch, but no light!  I rushed to the basement to turn the power on.  As I was rushing in, I saw a baseball bat out of the corner of my eye.  I grabbed it just for protection.  I flicked the power on, and all I saw were skeletons of animals and people!  I was going to scream, but I didn’t want to make any noise.

I came out of the basement and realized this was a fright attraction for our neighborhood.  I walked around and I kept seeing skeletons-every turn I took…. SKELETONS!  I realized that it was 1:00 a.m.  I rushed to the door of the attraction and…it was unlocked!  So I turned around, but I saw a mob of angry ghosts who were screaming, “Stay with us!”

At that point, I opened the door, ran out and yelled, “I made it out alive!”  Then I realized that I hadn’t made it out alive.  I looked at my legs and saw I was hovering above the ground.  Then my soul was dragged back inside the attraction.

THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment